1. Improves fine motor skills.
2. Because I can’t stop buying beads.
3. It’s FUN!
4. It’s raining… again!
5. Reruns on TV
6. Need to unwind.
8. It’s my job!
9. Builds self-confidence.
10. Avoiding the family
11. Mommy needs to play too!
12. Teacher appreciation day.
13. Considering plaiting my hair.
14. Avoiding housework.
15. Beads are fat-free.
16. I’m making all handmade gifts this Christmas.
17. Improves hand-eye coordination.
18. If you want something done right, you’ve got to do it yourself!
19. Beading can be competitive too.
20. Make extra $$$. Look out Etsy… here I come!
21. I just got a new book on CD.
22. It’s my hobby.
23. Because I can!
24. Because I need something to share with my friends on my blog/Facebook/Twitter
25. I like to challenge myself.
26. Spend quality time with daughter/mother/son/father/grandma/grandchild.
27. I can’t sleep.
28. I’m making a lanyard for my nurse friend.
29. I need a gift… quick!
30. Beading goes well with wine
31. My creativity ebbs and flows… right now it’s flowing!
32. Because I convinced my husband I “needed” a beading studio.
33. Feeling inspired by the latest issue of Stringing Magazine.
34. My pets need bling too!
35. I would never sit through a movie otherwise.
36. It’s a way to recreate the world around me.
37. Believe it or not beading can be social.
38. It’s too hot outside and beading is AC friendly.
39. I’m excited to try something new.
40. Happy Mango Beads is having a beading contest!
41. Stringing beads can be a form of meditation.
42. Mardi Gras, baby!
43. This necklace isn’t going to make its self.
44. It’s the weekend!
45. It’s Hump Day.
46. To honor my ancestors.
47. Making Christmas tree ornaments.
48. Snowed in!
49. I promised my family I would spend less time on Facebook.
50. Empty nest.
51. Beading lets me tell my story.
52. Feels good to complete a project.
53. Improves concentration.
54. Beading is a hobby I can travel with.
55. My beads don’t talk back.
56. Having a bad hair day and I need something to do while I hide inside.
57. Grandma can’t have ALL the crafty fun.
58. Mother’s Day!
59. Something to do while I’m on Vacation.
60. It’s the closest thing to a vacation I will ever get.
61. I love beads!
62. There’s not much more I can do after my CrossFit class.
63. My local coffee shop is beader-friendly.
64. I’m a true recessionista and only wear recycled or handmade!
65. If I don’t do something with all the beads I’ve hoarded there may be an intervention.
66. I’m addicted.
67. Beading keeps me young.
68. Brings out the creative Goddess in me.
69. No chance anyone will show up to the party wearing the same earrings as me.
70. Who says you can only string popcorn? Beads make fun Christmas garland.
71. Beading class is closer than my Pilates class.
72. Who need an entire hour to eat lunch?
73. Aren’t idle hands the tools of the devil?
74. I love gemstones.
75. It’s the healthiest vice I’ve found yet.
76. Because I can make a prettier necklace than you!
77. All the cool moms are doing it.
78. Umm… I’m bored.
79. What else would I do? Laundry?
80. I was cleaning the house but then I found all these beads…
81. Because 3 million hippies can’t be wrong!
82. Provides a distraction from my busy life.
83. My dream of becoming a rock star isn’t working out.
84. I can make my own string of prayer beads or rosary.
85. It’s safer than bungee jumping.
86. I can wear/display my jewelry designs.
87. Beading makes me smile.
88. As a form of cultural awareness.
89. Allows me time alone with my thoughts.
90. Beads are beautiful.
91. Because handmade is better than mass produced.
92. Bead curtains are still cool- I don’t care if they date me!
93. When I’m beading my imagination is my only limit.
94. My beads don’t care that I can’t really sing.
95. I can use them to make bookmarks.
96. No wedding is complete without pearl beads.
97. Because beading is better than knitting.
98. Even those really gaudy beads have a place on my ugly Christmas sweater.
99. Happy Mango Beads has more new beads – and they’re on sale!
TGIF! Chocolate Cappuccinos and Cappuccino Jasper Beads TGIF! How was everyone's week? It's been a long one for us here in Colorado. As many of you know, Northern Colorado was severely affected by flooding as we received up to 10X the normal amount of rain for the whole month in just four days. Here in Berthoud at Happy Mango Beads headquarters,...
One Year Lived - A Journey To Last A Lifetime To be the daughter of the owners of Happy Mango Beads, is to be a well-traveled gal. Not only have my parents picked up a travel bug and put it in my pocket, but they have also shown me a way in which one can make travel a lucrative business. Happy Mango Beads was formed on the basis of a love...
Some Thoughts About Gemstones In recent weeks, I have been working on a project which has led to a lot of reading and writing (and rewriting) things about gemstones. I am working my way through a list of over 50 stones and learning more and more as I go. This has been a very fun project for me. I spend a lot of time researching...
Inherited My jewelry is a personal statement. From me to the world: It's how I like to see myself. How I want the world to see me. It is who I am inside, being worn on the outside for everyone else to see. I don’t wear a lot of jewelry, but I do have one piece that I absolutely love. It is my owl ring that...
Color me HAPPY! A few days ago, on our Facebook page, we posted the question, “What colors inspire you?” The response was amazing! Our fans listed almost every color imaginable in their replies, even the mysterious, puce, which seems to be known as two different colors. Now, I’m thinking the bigger question...
1. Improves fine motor skills.
Post a comment
Today is International Human Rights Day. Currently, we work with two different organizations to buy recycled paper beads from: HELP Uganda and Outreach Uganda. Both of these incredible organizations fight for women’s rights in various villages in Uganda, Africa. These organizations give refugee women the opportunity to construct colorful beads using paper scraps and sell them for a profit which not only helps to support their families, but empower them as well.
A huge kudos to both Outreach Uganda and HELP Uganda. We are so proud to carry beads from these folks and share them with our customers. Check out some of the new paper beads we recently listed on our website.
Post a comment
Last night my family got our Christmas tree up. It’s a beauty this year! We just moved to a new house this past fall and our new home has very high, vaulted ceiling, so for the first time ever, we were able to get a really tall tree. But now we have a new dilemma – we need to fill all this space with ornaments we don’t have. Being the craft guru I am, I immediately took to the interwebs to find some ornament ideas – and find them I did! I, of course, couldn’t help but share them with all of you.
Oh, and did I mention it’s below zero outside these days? Yep, we don’t have much else to do but stay indoors and craft!
Beaded Christmas Tree Ornament from Happy Hour Projects
Handprint Ornament from The Educated Nanny
Painted Ornaments from A Yellow Bicycle
Beaded Wreath Ornament from Emerging Creatively Tutorials
15 Minute Jewel and Feather Ball Ornament from Setting for Four
Post a comment
So, you make lovely pieces of jewelry and you’re looking to sell it, awesome! If you are going beyond selling your work on location and are looking to have it available for online purchase, we highly recommend taking a little extra time and effort to make your photos as beautiful as the jewelry you are advertising.
What do we use here at Happy Mango Beads? A homemade light box that I crafted with the steps made available from Digital Photography School. This tutorial takes you through the steps of building a very handy, inexpensive light box.
Beyond the tutorial, you can make your light box as snazzy as you wish! We will take this design and upgrade to a wood light box soon.
The Ethiopian Wedding Rings below were photographed in the Happy Mango light box.
Best of luck with your photoshoots!
Post a comment
Happy December, friends! Are you getting prepared for Christmas? Can you believe it’s only 25 days away?!
Here at Happy Mango Beads we’re doing something new this year. Each day we’re giving away a different gift as we countdown the days to Christmas. It’ll be pretty simple – just keep an eye on one (or all) of our social media outlets for the link to each day’s gift, and from there just follow the instructions to get yours! Make sure to check back every day because the gift will change each day!
Get connected with us here:
Happy Holidays from the Happy Mango Crew!