Well, we asked for it and you guys delivered – Read through, reminisce and have a little chuckle!
1) Remember when kids played outdoors all day during the summer?
2) Remember when your phone was something connected to your wall with a cord, and had a dial?
3) Remember POGS?
4) Remember when you could get Fruitopia from nearly every vending machine?
5) Remember when merry-go-rounds were on playgrounds?
6) Remember when everything on the Dollar Menu at McDonalds was actually a dollar?
7) Remember when the only alcohol in the house was in Arthur Godfrey’s Geritol?
8) Remember when there were only paper bags in the produce section of the supermarket?
9) I remember when I made one of my favorite bracelets from a free bag of beads from Happy MANGO BEADS!
10) Remember when you had to be home in the summer time before the street lights came on?
11) Remember when you’d pick up the phone to make a call, and you’d have to wait because somebody else was already on your “party line”???
12) Remember when we used to wear jelly bracelets?
14) I remember making my first Malas (making Malas is why I order so much from you!)….first in Denver under the tutelage of my Nepali friend, Sarita. Then on an island in Belize to yoga students. And now to a growing community in NC and beyond! Grateful to have Happy Mango Beads to help me be able to keep doing what I love so much. Thank you! Namaste.
15) Remember when you had to use a card catalog in the library to look up books?
16) Do you remember when you were little and you could pick up a land line phone in one room and spy on your mom/dad’s conversation going on in the next? I think the 90s was the last decade kids could get away with that!
17) Remember PONG? The first video game!
18) Remember when we used to change the radio station by turning an AM/FM knob to scan for stations? And now we do it with just our thumb (on iPods, etc).
19) Remember when you had to go to a movie store (like Blockbuster) to rent a movie?
20) Remember when floppy discs were useful?
21) Remember when you had to leave your house to buy things?
22) Remember when the only phone in the house was attached to the kitchen wall and everyone in the family heard your conversations?
24) Remember when it was cool to know all of the words to the song American Pie?
25) Remember when MTV actually played music?
Don’t forget to visit Happy Mango Beads for more beads, Beads, BEADS!